I didn’t forget about him, shoot how could I. He’s my only son and such a joy to me, not to mention he turned FIFTEEN! Holy smokes, I have a fifteen year old? You know how when you have a little baby you say to yourself, I just can’t imagine them as being 15? Then soon enough it creeps right up on ya! His birthday was September 23rd and he’s just getting to the age where he isn’t as willing to have his picture taken or his mom doting on him. So I thought maybe I shouldn’t do a “15 things I love about you” post but you know what, I am! So here it is maybe a little late but, that’s okay.
1. I love that you are kind hearted. Always have been.
2. I love that you are easy going. Yes some of the teenage stubbornness hits you at times but on a whole you are pretty laid back.
3. I love that you send me a text if I’m not home, just to ask for a Dr. Pepper. This kid asks before he does 99.9% of anything.
4. I love that you feel compassion towards those that are less fortunate and want to go on mission trips. You love the Lord!
5. I love hearing you pray at the dinner table.
6. I love the way you look after your sisters and I see how much they look up to you.
7. I love being able to spot you on the football field just by the way you are standing.
8. I love that you have grown out of your picky phase and will try new foods.
9. I love that you have always gotten up in the morning and get yourself ready for the day.
10. I love that you are dependable.
11. I love that you are a complete boy/young man and love to shoot guns and play sports.
12. I love that you are an open book, especially for a teenager. You always want to say what it is that’s bothering you.
13. I love that you remind me so much of myself when I was young.
14. I love that your a sweet eater like myself.
15. I love YOU and am so proud of who you are and who your becoming.
And because we can’t have a post without a picture, I have to use your homecoming pic. (both such cuties) It’s the most recent.